Artika Shukla Wiki: Her Biography as a Pediatrician to the Posting of An IAS Officer
In 2015 she cracked the exam in her first attempt at age 25 and secured All India Rank four in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
Aspirants should study Artika Shukla biography to learn how one can succeed in the UPSC Civil Services exam by preparing for less than a year if they remain disciplined and dedicated in their efforts.
Artika Shukla’s date of birth is fifth of September 1990. She grew up in Gandhinagar in Varanasi. Her father Dr Brijesh Shukla was a renowned physician and secretary of IMA (Indian Medical Association).
Artika Shukla Biography
She completed her education from St. John School in Varanasi and was a very good student throughout her school life. She then followed in her father’s footsteps and completed her MBBS degree from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 2013.
She then did an internship at Lok Nayak Hospital in Delhi.
Artika took admission in PGIMER, Chandigarh for her MD paediatrics course. But she quit her studies midway IN 2014 as she was inspired by her elder brother Gaurav Shukla who had cracked the UPSC Civil Services exam in 2012 and joined the IAS cadre.
Artika believes that her brother was of huge support for her success in the Civil Services exam. She never took classes from coaching centres for her preparation.
Preparation for UPSC Civil Services Exam
Artika’s sources, tips and strategies for preparation
- Booklist for UPSC preparation:
- Class 11 and 12 NCERT books on History, Geography and Economics
- Spectrum Modern India
- Indian Polity by Laxmikant
- India Since Independence and India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- Physical and Human Geography by G.C. Leong
- Daily Newspapers – thorough reading of daily newspapers is essential for the current affairs section of the UPSC Civil Services exam
- Annual reports by different government ministries – the economic survey published annually by the Indian Ministry of Finance is especially important
Artika’s Tips for Preparation
- It is essential to solve practice test papers before sitting for the exam- a few days before the exam it is best to start doing test papers daily
- For the essay, it is better to do some writing practice before the exam. It can also be impressive if candidates can incorporate relevant quotes into their essay.
- An easy way to tackle complex topics is to jot down some points in your own words and revise those point repeatedly
- It is also best not to spend more than two months on preparing for the prelims as it is only the qualifying exam and there is no need to score very high marks in the prelims
- Choosing an optional subject that candidates are comfortable with is one of the most important elements for success in the UPSC Civil Services exam – Artika had chosen two Medical Science papers as her optional.
- Candidates often miss out on reading papers in the final days leading up to the exam, but in many cases, current affairs questions come even from issues happening even a few days before the exam.
- For the interview, it is very important to answer questions with confidence, conviction and optimism. The attitude of the candidate often makes a bigger impact than the content of their answers.
Artika Shukla Marksheet
She scored a total of 1000 out of a possible total of 2025 in UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination in 2015.
- Essay – 139
- General Studies I – 088
- General Studies II – 096
- General Studies III – 112
- General Studies IV – 106
- Optional Studies (Medical Science Paper VI) – 144
- Optional Studies (Medical Science Paper VII) – 142
- Personality Test – 173
Artika Shukla Posting
Artika completed her IAS training and was then given her first posting in the AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh – Goa – Mizoram Union Territory) cadre in 2016.
But after her marriage, she was given a transfer to the Rajasthan cadre. Presently she is the Sub Divisional Magistrate of Ajmer.
While completing her training to be an IAS officer, Artika met Jasmeet Singh, her future husband, the third All India Rank holder in the UPSC Civil Services exam 2015. They eventually got married in 2017.
A surprising fact is that Tina Dabi, the first rank holder and Athar Aamir Khan, the second rank holder of Artika’s batch also got married to each other.
Dr Artika Shukla IAS is a brilliant young woman, but her Instagram account (@artikashukla.ias) shows that she also enjoys the simple pleasures of life like spending time with friends and family and travelling to beautiful places.
Artika Shukla is an inspiring example for all hard-working young men and women who want to join the civil services and help take India to new heights. Achieving this with the assistance of a personal mentor from UPSC Pathshala’s is a blessing.
They help in resolving doubts and keep track of progress. With their free demo class, one can experience the teaching methodology of UPSC Pathshala.