The Combined Defense Services (CDS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year. The application form of UPSC CDS-1 2021 is now available for registration. The application form was released on 28 October 2020 and the last date to apply online is 17 November 2020. In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to fill the CDS-1 2021 application form. Read the article till the end to know all about it.
CDS-1 2021 Registration
There are several stages involved in the registration process. Those steps are:
- Payment of fees
- Uploading scanned- signature, Photography, and valid ID proof
- Uploading scanned documents related to education and other important documents.
Let us understand each part one by one.
UPSC CDS-1 2021- Part One of Form Filling
In this process, the candidate has to fill in their personal information. In order to do this the candidate will have to follow the following steps:
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Then Click on “Online Application Form for Various Examination of UPSC”
- After this, you can see a table. In that table under examination Combined Defense services Examination is written in huge letters. Click on the hyperlink “Click here for Part-1”
- Then read the instruction which will appear. After you are done with a reading click on “Yes”. The instructions are written in English as well as in Hindi.
- The candidates will have to fill in the following personal information:
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Marital Status
- Do you Belong to Minority
Candidates have to select “Yes” or “No”
- Fee Remission Allowed
Candidates have to select “Yes” or “No”.
Candidates have to select from the following options:
- Passed/Appeared/Appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics (at 10+2 level)
- Passed/Appeared/Appearing the final year of Engineering degree examination
- Passed/Appeared/Appearing the final year degree or equivalent examination with other subjects (i.e. other than those mentioned)
- Residential Address
- Mobile Number
Move on to the Next Page
After filling this click on “Continue” at the bottom of the page. On the next page, you will have to fill in the details of the photo id proof, whether or not you have the Commercial piloting license from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), and your preference among IMA, NA, AFA, and OTA.
After completing this click on “Continue”. Re-check the information that you have filled in carefully and then click on “I Agree”. After clicking on that your Registration ID will be given to you. And now you are done with Part-I one of the registration. You can complete the part-two of registration later if you want.
UPSC CDS-1 2021- Part Two of Form Filling
The second involves making the fee payment. You will have to log in and then click on the “Click Here for Part-II.” The candidates shall select the mode of payment. You can choose to make payments online as well as offline. For offline payment, you will have to generate the e-challan and make payment in one of the SBI branches. The online fees can be paid through SBI’s net banking or by Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
Once you are done with the payment. You will have to choose the preference for the locations of the exam centre.
If the payment is made offline, candidates are supposed to enter the details of the paid receipt for the process to be complete.
The only thing now left is to upload a signature, photograph, and other relevant documents.
The CDS exam has two phases:
- Written Exam
- Interview for Intelligence and Personality test
The questions asked in the written exam are of Multiple Choice. There will be a deduction of ⅓ marks for every wrong answer. There will be no deduction if a question is left unattempted.
The pattern of the CDS exam is:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
Note:-The Candidates interested in Officers Training Academy (OTA) are only supposed to appear in English and General Knowledge.
Make sure that you fill the CDS-1 application form as early as possible. Don’t wait till the last moment to fill the form. The centre allocation is on a first-come-first go basis, so if you want the centre near to your locality, hurry up and apply. The last date to apply is 17 November 2020. According to the CDS-1 2021 notification, a candidate can withdraw their application on 24 November 2020.
All the best!