IPS officers have to command the civil and armed police forces in all the Indian States and Union Territories in this nation, IPS training is regarded as one of the most dynamic and difficult training in our nation. Officers have a profound sense of achievement and self-actualisation during IPS training.
Learning about the training specifics that the IPS officers go through can indeed invigorate the preparation of the student. Well, here, after becoming an IPS officer, we offer you an insight into their career and life. We know that you often think about this question “Can I join the LBSNAA for IPS training after I pass the 12th standard?”.
Read this article to get to know about this along with a lot of crucial information about this training.
Eligibility for IAS
In order to fulfil the eligibility requirements for the IAS, an applicant must hold a degree or possess an equivalent qualification. Your degree should be approved either by an act of parliament or by the state legislature or by the Committee on University Granting. The government supports women to register for CSE in great numbers with the goal of introducing socio-economic balance into our society.
Also qualified for the Preliminary Examination are candidates who have participated or expect to appear for the qualifying examination and are waiting for results.
The Main Test can also be sent to applicants who have completed the final year of MBBS or other medical examination but have yet to finish the internship.
Also Read: An Insight Into How’s The Life At LBSNAA
In exceptional cases, the UPSC may treat an applicant without the required qualification referred to above as a qualified candidate if, in the opinion of the Commission, he/she has passed an examination performed by other institutions, the quality of which justifies his/her admission.
The Civil Services Test can also be submitted to applicants with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
What is LBSNAA?
The LBSNAA Mussoorie Academy focuses not just on infrastructure development or institutional strengthening for the Civil Services, but also on cross camaraderie and coordination. The LBSNAA training duration is 21 weeks to 26 weeks
The foundation method is designed for the latest All India Services and Central Services recruits (Group A). It provides new officer trainees with the skills, experience and attitude needed to bear the responsibility of public servants. There is no fees for an LBSNAA training
Main Objectives of Foundation Course
- Encourage greater collaboration and communication between different public services.
- To encourage the all-round growth of the academic, spiritual, physical and aesthetic personality of an officer trainee.
- The officers of the Indian Administrative Service begin their technical training at the academy just after the foundation process, while the officers of other services move to universities.
- Indian Police Service Officers at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy in Hyderabad.
- For Indian Forest Service officers, the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy in Dehradun.
- For Indian Foreign Service officers, The Foreign Service Institute, India.
Basic LBSNAA Training
The aim of basic training is to develop the potential of officer trainees to be prepared to overcome the challenges of the sector. The purpose of the course is to assure that officers learn the required skills, experience, understanding, attitudes and beliefs necessary to perform a police officer’s duties effectively. The LBSNAA training period allows for different senior supervisory tasks, initially and subsequently, in the role of Superintendent of Police in Districts and Specialized Units of the Police Department.
In all its fields of operation, the National Police Academy strives to cultivate human values in order to educate trainees not only to be good police professionals but also to be successful and good humans.
Main Objectives of Basic Training
- Production of ability via the Sensitisation, Orientation and Competency matrix.
- Imparting technical understanding and experience.
- Professional, administrative and community skills growth.
- Cherishing in professional and personal life human values, correct behaviour and proper behaviour and instilling sensitivity.
- Production of a general character, including self-discipline, attitude, soft skills, behaviours, norms, and etiquette.
- Reshaping the probationers into representatives of the police and police district police stations.
- Teaching Facilities: The LBSNAA training centre has very roomy and well-equipped classrooms. In addition, Karmashila, Dhruvshila, Gyanshila, and Aadharshila have 4 main buildings. In addition, it has lecture rooms, a mess for staff, and a lounge too.
- Accommodation: First of all, during school, officer trainees have to remain at the academy. Furthermore, there are 3 Ganga, Kaveri, and Narmada hostels. In addition, all LBSNAA rooms are fitted with central heating, telephones, television and double occupancy rooms. In fact, the mid-career trainees stay at an elite hotel in Silverwood, Happy Valley, and Mahanadi. There is also a studio apartment at the academy.
- Horse-riding: Trainees who want to engage in this activity need to have proper kits to bring to the ground. The breeches should really only be beige in colour.
- IT Services
- Dispensary: LBSNAA’s medically equipped training centre has physicians and nurses as well. All is open, from x-rays to dental care.
- Officer Mess: Inside the school, the officer mess is This position, moreover, is full of fraternity and brotherhood. In addition, they are responsible for getting together formally and informally.
- Indira Bhavan Complex
- Facilities for PWD: The course teaches the knowledge of PWD candidates’ health. There are also lifts, stairs, toilets, a separate hostel, and room service, etc., that the trainees can use.
In order to ensure successful policing, IPS preparation is in desperate need of change, as officers are now more likely to become administrators than leaders. Their main goal is to manage political fallout and concentrate on handling politicians and, thus, leaving lower functionaries with everyday work.
If you dream of LBSNAA training, you must be focused and dedicated to your UPSC preparation. To give a proper shape to your dedication. Enrol at UPSC Pathshala and start preparing to crack the UPSC IAS exam. All the best!