NDA Exam for Girls: Can Girls Apply for NDA? Is NDA for Girls?
National Defence Academy or NDA exam is conducted twice every year to recruit new cadets for the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. For NDA 2020, the aspirants have to meet certain educational as well as physical eligibility criteria. This article will answer questions such as ‘Is the NDA exam for girls?’ ‘Can girls apply for NDA?’ ‘Are girls allowed in the NDA exam for girls 2021?’ etc.
Can Girls Give NDA Exam After 12th?
Since 1992 women candidates are being inducted into the Indian Armed Forces and have shown the highest degree of professionalism. In India, women are granted only the Short Service Commission. However, the time is changing and lots of steps are being taken to allow Permanent Commission to women also. However, it is noted that females cannot give the NDA exam. It should be clearly noted that only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for NDA 1 Exam. Married candidates and female candidates are ineligible to apply for the NDA Exam. But there are many more ways in which girls can join the Forces.
CDS Exam for Girls
Women candidates age 19 to 25 years (as per notified in the advertisement) can apply for this entry. The “Combined Defence Services” (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of candidates into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air Force Academy. The UPSC will conduct the CDS exam twice a year in the month of February and September. Successful candidates of the written exam are called for the SSB interview. To apply for this entry, a Graduate/Post Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university is required.
Other Indian Army Entry Opportunities for Women
- NCC Special entry: This entry is only for NCC women cadets who have 2 years of service in the NCC senior division army and have a minimum B grade in the C certificate exam. Women cadets of age 19 to 25 years (as per notified in the advertisement) can apply for it. Vacancies per course are notified by additional directorate general recruiting. Final year students /graduates with 50% aggregate are eligible for this entry.
- SSC-Technical Entry: Women engineering students age 20 to 27 years (as notified in the advertisement) are eligible for this entry. They can apply for it while in the final year or after completing their degree. A graduate in any discipline of engineering (as per notified in the advertisement) is eligible to apply for it
- JAG entry: This entry is especially for law graduates. The age required for this entry is 21 to 27 years which is notified along with the vacancies by additional directorate general recruiting in the month of April or October. To be eligible for this entry, a candidate must be having a graduate degree of LLB/LLM with a minimum of 55% aggregate and the candidate should be registered with the Bar Council of India or state.
Also Read: Check-out the UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
Indian Air Force For Women
- AFCAT Entries: Female candidates who want to fly high in the sky or dream to be an Air Warrior of IAF then they have to clear an exam named AFCAT. AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is held twice a year. It is a written exam and those who qualify in this exam are called for an SSB interview. They can opt for the Flying Branch or the Technical Branch.
- Ground Duty Branches: For those who want to opt for the ground duty branches, the age requirements are different. For graduates: 20 to 23 years, Post Graduates: 20 to 25 years, LLB: 20 to 26 years, M.Ed/Ph.D./ CA: 20 to 27 years. There are three types of services in Ground Duty Branches are Administration and Logistics, Education, and Accounts.
Non-AFCAT Entry/ Meteorology Branch
In this entry, candidates are short-listed and called for SSB interviews at Air Force Selection Boards. The age group in this entry is 20 to 25 years and 27 years for PhD candidates.
To be eligible for this entry candidates must be having a Postgraduate degree in any science stream / Maths / Statistics / Geography / CS / EVS / Physics / Geo-physics etc. with a minimum of 50% aggregate and have scores 55% marks both in Maths and Physics at graduation level. Final year students can also apply for it.
Indian Navy Female Officers Posts
Female officers can serve in the Indian Navy’s Executive branch in the following departments:
- SSC- Air Traffic Controller
- SSC- Observer
- SC- Law
- SSC- Logistics
Female officers can serve in the Indian Navy’s Engineering branch in the following departments:
- UES SSC (Naval Architecture)
- SSC Naval Architecture
- Education Branch
The tables are turning in favour of females who aspire to serve the country to prove their mettle. The females have done great in Indian Armed Forces and they have been warriors in the field ranging from field to clouds. Now, on the statistics of girls joining the Sainik Schools and the response of girls and their parents will grant them entry to National Defence Academy. If the figures and graphs go in favour of girls then the journey to NDA is not so far for the girls who want to live a life less ordinary. There’s no certainty of the time-span but the odds speak of being in favour.