The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is a highly competitive exam that attracts a large number of engineering graduates every year. The exam is conducted in three stages: Preliminary, Mains, and Personality Test. The Preliminary exam is the first stage of the selection process, and candidates who clear this round are eligible to appear for the Mains exam.
The UPSC ESE Prelims exam consists of two objective-type papers that test the candidates’ knowledge in various engineering disciplines. The result of the UPSC ESE Prelims exam plays a crucial role in the selection process, as it determines the candidates who will move on to the next round.
In this blog, we will discuss the UPSC ESE Prelims Result and its significance for candidates who aspire to become engineers in the government sector.
UPSC ESE Prelims Result 2023
On March 3, 2023, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the results for the Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023. Candidates who appeared for this exam can access their effects on the official UPSC website, upsc.gov.in. The exam was held on February 19, 2023. To view their results, candidates can follow the straightforward steps provided below.
How to Check UPSC ESE 2023 Exam Result?
To check the UPSC ESE Prelims Result 2023, candidates must visit the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in. They should click on the link provided for the result on the home page, which will open a new PDF file. Candidates can view their results on this file. It is advised to download and keep a hard copy of the result for future reference.
Candidates who have cleared the Preliminary examination will be required to appear for the Engineering Services (Main) Examination, 2023. This exam is scheduled to be held on June 25, 2023. Candidates will be able to download their e-Admit Cards from the UPSC website approximately 3 weeks prior to the commencement of the Engineering Services (Main) Examination, 2023.
For additional information related to the examination and results, candidates can visit the official website of UPSC.
UPSC Exam Preparation
The ESE 2023 Prelims Results have been announced by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The exam was conducted on 19th Feb 2023, and the list of students who have cleared the Prelims and qualified for the ESE Mains 2023 has been released.
UPSC conducts the Engineering Services Examination, also known as IES/ESE, for engineering graduates. It is a highly sought-after exam, and clearing the Prelims, Mains, and personal interview rounds opens up opportunities to serve as designated officials in various departments of the Government of India. As such, it is considered the most prestigious exam for engineering graduates.
Those who have cleared the ESE/IES 2023 Prelims will now have to appear for the ESE Mains. The successful candidates from the Mains will proceed to the final personal interview round.
With the announcement of the ESE 2023 Prelims results, the students need to switch gears and begin preparing for the ESE 2023 Mains. They have around four months to make significant improvements in their performance.
The ESE Mains score is crucial as it will be combined with the Prelims score and the personality test score to calculate the final results. Hence, it is essential to leave no stone unturned in the preparation to achieve the best possible outcome.
UPSC ESE Exam Preparation Tips
Here are some useful tips for UPSC ESE Exam Preparation:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Before starting the preparation, it is crucial to have a good understanding of the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme of the UPSC ESE Exam.
- Create a Study Plan: Creating a study plan is essential to cover all the topics and subjects of the exam. It is recommended to divide the preparation time into small and achievable goals.
- Refer to Standard Study Material: Always refer to standard study material and textbooks recommended by the UPSC. It is essential to have a clear understanding of the concepts and theories of the subject.
- Practice Mock Tests: Regularly practicing mock tests and previous year’s question papers can help to understand the exam pattern and improve time management skills.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial during the exam. It is recommended to practice solving questions within the given time limit to improve speed and accuracy.
- Revision: Revision is essential to remember the concepts and formulas for a longer time. It is recommended to revise the topics regularly and make notes for quick revision.
- Stay Positive and Motivated: Staying positive and motivated throughout the preparation process is essential. Stay focused and avoid distractions to achieve your goals.
In conclusion, preparing for the UPSC ESE Exam requires a well-planned study schedule, dedicated effort, and commitment. Understanding the exam pattern, referring to standard study material, practicing mock tests, and managing time effectively are some of the key tips for success.
Consistent revision, positive mindset, and motivation are also crucial for achieving the desired outcome. By following these tips and staying focused on the goal, candidates can increase their chances of success in the UPSC ESE Exam.