The Centre has made a huge move by agreeing to add more private sector experts to various government agencies at the critical decision-making stage of the Joint Secretaries and Directors.
The Government of India has sent a proposal for Lateral Recruitment of Joint Secretary and Level Director Officers. Application forms are then invited to attend the Government at the rank of the Joint Secretary or Director, Category ‘A’ in various Ministries/Departments with Headquarters in the capital New Delhi on a Contractual basis for those willing to give their part of contribution for the country’s betterment
Applicants will be chosen for an interview on the grounds of the details given in their application form. They must guarantee that this information is accurate.
But do you know the lateral entry meaning in UPSC? Read the section below to get an idea.
What is Lateral Entry?
The Lateral Entry in UPSC is a recruitment process to choose experts in Government agencies and also the private industries. The Government recruits excellent people with good experience in their previous employments such as financial services, industrial services, agricultural sector and betterment of transportation, tourism, sustainability, trade and more.
Read the section below to learn about the posts in Lateral Entry
Lateral Entry in Civil Services: Available Posts
- Joint Secretary : 3 Posts
- Director of Agriculture Marketing: 1h
- Director of Aviation Management: 1
- Director of Digital Economy: 1
- Director of Financial Market: 1
- Director of Insurance: 1
- Director of Maternal Health Issues: 1
- Director of Finance: 1
- Director of Water Management: 1
- Director of Arbitration and Conciliation Laws: 1
- Director of Cyber Laws: 1
- Director of Finance Sector Laws: 1
- Director of International Law: 1
- Director of Judicial Reforms: 1
- Director of New Technology for Highway Development: 1
- Director of Innovation in Education Entrepreneurship: 1
- Director of Agriculture Trade Specialties: 1
- Director of Exports Marketing: 1
- Director of Foreign Trade Analyst: 1
- Director of Logistics: 1
- Director of Logistics: 1
- Director of Warehouse Expertise: 1
- Director of Edu Tech: 1
- Director of Edu Laws: 1
- Director of ICT Edu: 1
- Director of Media Management: 1
- Director of Banking: 1
- Director of Cyber Security in the Financial Sector: 1
UPSC Advertisement – Lateral Entry in Civil Services
As per the UPSC advertising, application forms for departments, agencies, PSUs (public sector conducting) and autonomous bodies of the national government were opened by 22 March. The permanent appointment will be for a term of 3 years and could be extended up to 5 years based on the results of the agreement. At the position of the Joint Secretary, lateral entry vacancies were created in the Ministries of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Trade and Industry and Finance, whereas at the tier of the Secretaries, applications for more than 6 departments and ministries were invited.
The minimum requirement for the Joint Secretary lateral participant is 15 years years of professional experience and 10 years of professional experience.
Lateral Entry in Civil Services
The Government’s proposal is to add private sector experience to the Central Administration, which is also facing a scarcity of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) deputation officers in the Government. One other intention of appointing specialists is to enhance productivity and achieve competence in the field of governance.
The UPSC will manage the recruiting process, from shortlisting applicants on the basis of their applications to calling them for interviews and then post-hiring appointments.
UPSC Lateral Entry Eligibility – Joint Secretary
The requirements needed if you want to join the UPSC Lateral Entry as a Joint Secretary are as follows –
The candidate must be a citizen of India
The maximum age limit for a candidate must not exceed 55 years
- Essential Qualifications Required
The candidate must hold a degree of MBA or Masters from a recognized university or institute in Economics or Commerce or Business Economics or Foreign Trade. An additional qualification in Computer Science, Operational research, IT or Supply Chain Management is preferred
- The candidate should have a minimum of 15 years of experience in handling large scale implementations of cloud technology.
- The candidate should be capable of selecting the right technologies and architecture for a high-performance cloud system.
- The candidate should have worked as a Senior Project Manager or System Architect or CTO in the candidate’s previous employment.
Joint Secretary Recruitments 2021
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recruits applicants for appointment to the different offices of the Joint Secretary and Director Level Posts by the lateral entry process. All those applicants having the appropriate qualifications and experience may apply to positions through the upsc.gov.in online mode.
Applications for the above-mentioned posts will be completed by 22 March 2021. Until applying online, all applicants are encouraged to review the eligibility conditions, age limits, credentials, experience and other information. In this article, we have included all the details that the applicant seeks during the registration process.
- Notification date – February 6, 2021
- The late date of submission of the UPSC application – March 22, 2021 at 23:59 hours
- The late date of printing the completely submitted application form – March 22, 2021, at 23:59 hours
The UPSC Lateral Entry for Joint Secretary post is conducted to fill a vacancy of 30 candidates
Out of the 30 vacancies, 3 vacancies are for the Joint Secretary post and the remaining 27 vacancies are for Director posts
The candidates who will qualify for the position of Joint Secretary will be given a pay of Rs 2,21,000 as per the 7th CPC
The Joint Secretary post is a highly honoured and paid post of the UPSC Lateral Entry. The chances to acquire this post are very minimal. But if you are dedicated and persistent towards your goal, you can achieve it. Prepare wisely for the UPSC examination and practice a lot for the last round of interview. You can follow other articles on our website where you will find a lot of tips and strategies to help you in your UPSC preparation. All the best!