Select the correct statements.
(1) India ranks 42nd in Global Democracy Index (GDI) 2017
(2) China, Myanmar and Russia were classified under authoritarian regimes under the index
(3) India was classified as a flawed democracy in this index
none of the above
all of the above
select the correct statements.
(1) ISRO is planning to launch a nuclear spacecraft named HAMMER( Hypervelocity Asteroid Mitigation Mission for Emergency Response) that would shunt or blow up threatening space rocks
(2) Bennu-a 1600 foot asteroid is in the near earth orbit (NEO) that would be hitting earth.
A nine judge constitutional bench has held Right to privacy as a fundamental right under
right to freedom of speech and expression
right to life and personal liberty
right to equality
right against exploitation
The ministry of social justice and empowerment has recently launched the Inclusiveness and Accessibility Index to benchmark and evaluate the readiness of various stakeholders for making the workplace accessible for Persons with Disabilities (PwD). The initiative has been launched in collaboration with
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry FICCI
Ministry of women and child development
Ministry of Rural Development
Ministry of Human Resource Development
the quantitative indicators of empowerment are
(1) participation of women in political decision making processes
(2) formation of cohesive women's group cohesives
(3) life expectancy at birth
consider the following regarding Sustainable Development Goals as mentioned in economic Survey 2017-18
(1) SDGs were adopted by United Nations General Assembly in 2015
(2) There are 17 SDGs with 169 targets to be achieved by 2030
(3) Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana helps in achieving SDGs
select the correct answer regarding Urban India
(1) As per UN World Cities report 2016, India is expected to be home to 7 mega cities with population more than 10 million by 2030
(2) As per the census 2011 around 40% of the total population live in urban areas in India.
select the correct codes regarding RIMES (Regional integrated multihazard early warning system for Africa and Asia)
(1) It is an intergovernmental body registered under the UN.
(2) the body is charged by India.
(3) it provides information related to Tsunami and extrmemweather conditions.
(1) POSHAN (PM's Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) was launched by the PM in march 2018
(2) it would be converted to a Jan andolan across the country (3) backward states and union territories are to be targeted.
Select the correct answers.
select the correct statements with respect to National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC)
(1) the fund supports adaptation facilities to mitigate the effects of climate change on sectors like agriculture and animal husbandry
(2) National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development (NABARD) is the National implementing Agency
(3) It is a Centrally Sponsored scheme
select the correct statements about European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
(1) It provides funding for all the countries for development projects
(2) only Greenfield projects etc financial support.
which of the following is not a member of Trans-Pacific Partnership?
Consider the following regarding International Court of Justice ICJ
(1) the judges are elected by UN General Assembly
(2) A judge can only be removed by unanimous opinion of all other sitting judges of ICJ.
Select the correct statements regarding the scheme KUSUM announced in budget 2018-19
(1) It is a farmer oriented scheme which aims to promote decentralised solar power production.
(2) The scheme aims to provide additional income to farmers to sell additional power to the grids through solar power panels set up on their barren lands.
select the correct answer regarding Special Category States
(1) only special category states receive Special Plan Assistance and Special Central Assistance Grants.
(2) the states' share in centrally sponsored schemes is 10% only