With the improvement in internet speeds, even aspirants who aren’t in major cities can follow all the latest Current Affairs with the help of Current Affairs apps. However, choosing the best current affairs app for the UPSC exam which suits one’s needs and is aligned to the UPSC Syllabus is crucial for success.
Current Affairs is a vast section in the entire UPSC syllabus. Preparation for this section is a bit difficult as aspirants have to do vast research and have to stay updated on a day-to-day basis with worldly affairs. An analysis of the previous years’ question papers shows that the number of questions related to current affairs has been on an upward trend.
Questions are asked directly on current affairs and general knowledge related topics, or as part of subject related questions. In such a scenario, staying up to date on current affairs becomes imperative. This is where a current affairs app for UPSC comes to help the most.
How to Choose the Best News App for UPSC that Suits Your Needs Best?
The Best app for UPSC preparation for the current affairs part should be chosen on the following criteria:
- Helps serious aspirants prepare for current affairs on a regular basis.
- Helps aspirants stay up to date with all the issues in news relevant to the Civil Services Examination.
- Is aligned to the UPSC Syllabus and free from peripheral discussions not relevant to the exam.
- Has access offline so that aspirants can study even when there is no internet available or internet connection is patchy.
- Has features that help the aspirants to evaluate themselves, identify their strong and weak points, and stay on track with their preparation. It should also help newcomers and veterans of the exam to navigate the content easily.
- Has an organized, simple interface with top-notch content quality, periodic compilation, and tests related to the subject, along with segregation of topics for prelims and mains.
UPSC Guru Your One-Stop App for All Your UPSC Problems
The app serves as a virtual guide for your UPSC Preparation:
- Get regular updates on Current Affairs, with relevant UPSC related information. Reduce your dependency on going through multiple newspapers.
- Get daily quizzes on current affairs and mock tests from time to time to keep your preparation cutting edge.
- Get important information like notifications for various exams, schedules, results, etc; all in one place.
- Get free tips, motivational articles, information for the UPSC exam to prepare you in the best possible manner.
Civilsdaily Mobile App is providing comprehensive Current Affairs and News updates to help UPSC IAS aspirants to clear the UPSC IAS Exam. They publish Flashcards called Newscards on the mobile App on a daily basis which can be much effective for IAS preparation. Civilsdaily aims at providing a comprehensive News Roundup in an uncluttered interface and their goal is to build a robust News App and support IAS aspirants for the General Studies (GS) part of the UPSC IAS syllabus.
The Hindu newspaper App is the most beneficial and the best App for IAS preparation. It provides a quick look at the recent events of national and international importance. The Hindu is the most suggested daily newspaper for IAS Exam and the IAS aspirants should read it on a daily basis. The reliability of news and information given in The Hindu is fair enough for IAS preparation than any daily newspapers in the country. The IAS aspirants should read the editorial as well as other important sections like science, technology, environment, and health from The Hindu on a daily basis. Generally, the IAS aspirants can find the important current affairs topics in The Hindu newspaper which can be asked in IAS Prelims as well as in IAS Mains Exam.
Insights on India
Insights on India App helps IAS aspirants to find out the insights of important news and current events on a daily basis. They are also providing solutions for the IAS Prelims Exam. On a daily basis this IAS preparation app is providing- Insights Editorial Gists, Daily Online Current Events Quiz, Daily Current Affairs etch which are very useful for IAS preparation.
Other Important Sources to be Followed Religiously
- The Indian Express
- Yojana Magazine
- Kurukshetra Magazine
- Press Information Bureau
- Rajya Sabha TV
- India Year Book
- Manorama Yearbook
- Economic Survey
- Mathrubhumi Yearbook
- Current Affairs – Arihant
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine
Reading the newspaper daily and religiously is the best way to keep up with the flow of current events. Also, various websites and blogs like ours provide Comprehensive News Analysis as well as broad coverage of current affairs. Current Affairs app will help the candidates for a planned revision of topics mentioned in this section. A complete set of previous years’ questions, expected questions with a number of mock tests will give the aspirants the confidence to score well in this section.