CDS eligibility requirements are defined by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Parameters such as ethnicity, educational qualifications, physical requirements, and age are illustrated by the CDS eligibility criteria. In order to be accepted for the recruitment test, candidates applying for the CDS test need to follow these criteria.
The CDS 2021 eligibility requirements have been clarified in depth. Before completing the CDS Application form 2021, candidates can review the eligibility for the CDS exam check to see if they fit the criteria or not.
The requirements for CDS eligibility 2021 are split into four sections, such as ethnicity, age, and marital status, educational qualification, and physical standards. Let’s go through each one by one.
CDS Nationality Parameter
You can be either of these followings and need to submit proof or certificate stating the same from a government body:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came before 1962 and has the desire to live in India permanently
- A person of Indian descent who has migrated from Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka with the intention of permanently settling in India.
CDS Education Qualification Parameter
Any applicant who is eligible to apply for CDS 2020 must have completed their degree or at least is going to appear for the final exam of their degree. Read below for more details:
- Candidates should have a graduate degree or an equivalent degree from institutions approved by the Central / State Government for the Indian military academy and OTA.
- Applicants for the Indian naval academy would need to have a degree from an approved university/institution in engineering.
- Applicants should have a degree from a reputed university with Physics and Mathematics at 10 + 2 or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering to apply to the Air Force Academy.
CDS Age Eligibility
You can check the age eligibility for different academies and see if you belong to that age division or not before applying for the application form. Remember that you cannot be married or divorced or a widower.
|Air Force Academy||19–24 years|
|Naval Academy||19–24 years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19–25 years|
Read Also: UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
CDS Physical Requirements
In order to be a physically fit person, applicants must be in optimal health. They need to be free from some sort of sickness, diseases, or syndrome as well.
If you want to read in detail about the height requirements, body mass, visual, and ear standards, or if you want to know which medical conditions or diseases that can make you unfit for selection then you should read this.
CDS Eligibility for Female
The women can only apply to OTA which is an Officer training academy and the age criteria are again from 19-25 years, should have a graduation degree from a recognized university, and meet the physical standards. They can take an online coaching course for CDS as well.
Most Asked Questions about CDS Exam
1. How many attempts are available for the CDS exam?
There is no limit to the number of attempts you can take which means you can keep trying for the CDS until you reach the maximum age to apply.
2. How many vacancies are there for the CDS exam?
In 2020 there were 418 vacancies for the CDS II exam and 344 for CDS II. For 2021 the vacancies will be announced on 28 October 2020.
3. What is the salary of a CDS officer?
A fixed stipend is offered to the candidates during their training period. After that, they get paid according to their assigned levels.
4. Can candidates with an art/ humanities background apply?
Yes, they can apply to the OTA and army.
5. What is the pattern of the CDS exam?
CDS is a written test that only involves multiple-choice questions. For all three papers, English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics, applicants are eligible to join the Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy. For the Officers Training Academy, however, applicants should take only two papers: English and GK. The document carries 100 marks each.
Now you know the CDS exam eligibility. If you fit in the eligibility criteria then you can fill out the application form in October 2020. Get familiar with the exam format and syllabus and start preparing for the test which is to be held in February 2021. Try attempting mock tests so you can have an idea of the actual CDS exam.
After you are selected for the CDS I, you can prepare for the SSB interview. Make sure you try to score above the Cut-off so you can be confident about your selection.