The Kalasa Banduri project is a water diversion project in the state of Karnataka, India. The project aims to divert water from the Kalasa and Banduri, tributaries of the Mahadayi River, to the Malaprabha River basin. The project has been a source of controversy and conflict between the states of Karnataka, Goa, and Maharashtra, with each state claiming rights to the water from the Mahadayi River.
The project is an important topic that may come up during the UPSC Civil Services Examination. It would be wise to familiarize yourself with the details of the project, including its background, the controversy surrounding it, and any recent developments. Read this article till the end to know more about the Kalasa-Banduri Nala Project and boost your civil service exam preparation.
Kalasa-Banduri Nala Project for Civil Service Exam Preparation
The Kalasa Banduri project is a project that aims to provide drinking water to the drought-prone areas of North Karnataka. The project involves the construction of a dam across the Kalasa and Banduri rivers, which are tributaries of the Mahadayi river. The dam will be built in the Belagavi district of Karnataka and is expected to provide drinking water to the districts of Belagavi, Dharwad, Gadag, and Haveri.
This project is important for civil service exam preparation as it is a significant infrastructure project that has been in the news for some time. It is important to be aware of the details of the project and its impact on the region and the state as a whole.
The project has been a source of conflict between the states of Karnataka and Goa, as Goa has opposed the construction of the dam, citing that it would affect the flow of water in the Mahadayi river. The issue has been taken to the Supreme Court and is currently being heard.
As a civil service aspirant, it is important to be aware of the legal and political aspects of the project and the impact it could have on the region and the state. Additionally, the project also highlights the importance of water management and infrastructure development in drought-prone areas.
IAS Preparation Tips for Beginners on Kalasa Banduri Project
Beginners doing IAS preparation should be well aware of the current status of the project, the disputes between the states, and the government’s efforts to resolve the issue. Additionally, the aspirant should also be aware of the potential impact of the project on the environment and the people living in the region.
- Start by understanding the basics of the Kalasa Banduri project: The Kalasa Banduri project is a water diversion project that aims to provide drinking water to the drought-prone areas of North Karnataka by diverting water from the Mahadayi River to the Malaprabha River.
- Understand the context of the project: It is important to understand the historical, political, and environmental context of the project. This will help you understand the rationale behind the project and the challenges it faces.
- Read relevant books and articles: There are several books and articles available on the Kalasa Banduri project. Reading them will give you a deeper understanding of the project and its implications.
- Keep updated with the latest developments: The Kalasa Banduri project is a current topic, so it’s important to keep updated with the latest developments. Follow news websites and social media to stay informed.
- Practice writing essays and answers: The IAS exam requires you to write essays and answer questions on various topics. Practice writing essays and answers on the Kalasa Banduri project to improve your writing skills and knowledge.
- Join a study group: Joining a study group can be beneficial as you can discuss the Kalasa Banduri project with others and gain different perspectives.
- Take mock tests: Take mock tests to familiarize yourself with the format of the IAS exam and assess your level of preparation.
- Seek guidance from experts: If you need guidance or have any doubts, seek help from experts or mentors who have experience in the field of water management and irrigation.
In conclusion, the Kalasa Banduri project is an important topic for civil service exam preparation as it highlights the importance of infrastructure development, water management, and inter-state relations. Aspirants should familiarize themselves with the details of the project and its impact on the region and the state.