On 11th October 2020, Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducted PCS prelims. The UPPSC PCS prelims have two Papers, General Studies (GS) Paper-I and Paper-II. The number of candidates appeared in this was in lakhs. According to them the difficulty of the papers was moderate. If you want to know UPPSC expected cut-off 2020 as well as UPPSC previous year cut-off then read this article till the end.
UPPSC Cut-off 2020 Prelims
The UPPSC PCS prelims exam has multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
|Schedule Caste (SC)||102-108|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||93-98|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||118-123|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||99-105|
UPPSC Previous Years Cut-off
UPPSC previous years cut-offs were:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||112|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||90|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||126|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||117|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||98|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||128|
UPPSC Exam Pattern
The UPPSC Exam Consist of three phases similar to the UPSC Civil Service Exam. These phases are:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Exam
The Preliminary Exam consist of two paper:
- Paper-I (General Studies One)
- Paper-II ( General Studies two)
The questions in the Preliminary Exam are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Both the paper have a weightage of 200 marks with an exam duration of 2 hours each. 0.33% of negative marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. If the questions are unattempted then there will be a deduction.
The Mains exam consists of eight papers. The questions in this exam will be descriptive type. The paper is:
- General Hindi
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- General Studies III
- General Studies IV
- Optional Subject – Paper 1
- Optional Subject – Paper 2
UPPSC Exam Syllabus
The Syllabus for Preliminary Paper-I is:
- Current events of National & International importance
- Indian History and National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Socio-economic, Physical geography
- Indian Governance and Polity – Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development – Demographics, Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives etc.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic)
- General English (class X level)
- General Hindi (class X level)
UPPSC Exam Optional Subjects
The optional subject for the UPPSC exam are:
- Agriculture & Veterinary Science
- Arabic Lit.
- Hindi Lit.
- Defence Studies
- Persian Lit.
- Sanskrit Lit.
- Political Science & International Relations
- Commerce & Accountancy
- History of Civil Engineering
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Medical Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- English Lit.
- Animal Husbandry
- Urdu Lit
The UPPSC prelims 2020 cut-off for the general category is expected to be in the range of 121-126. The prelims cuff-off for the general category is usually in the range of 120 to130.
The UPPSC exam pattern is similar to the UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE). The exam takes place in three stages. The Preliminary Exam has Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The Mains Exam has descriptive type questions.
Share your thoughts on UPPSC 2020 cut-off in the comment box below and let us know if you have any questions.