Let us take a quick look at various government websites that you can use for your UPSC or Civil Services Exam Preparation.
There could be many more websites in this list, but we are listing the most relevant few along with their descriptions and how they can be useful in your preparation.
- Natioanl Council of Education Reasearch and Training (NCERT): You can download NCERT Texts through mobile apps in the .epub format. This is a very important resource if you would like to study on the move or search for portions of the text to revise portions. We would advise to keep at least some book sor notes in the physical format so as to aid your learning and recall.
- Natioanl Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS): This is the link to download books from the National Institute of Open Schooling. This can act as supplementary material to the NCERT books if you require.
- eGyanKosh: You can download the Indira Gandhi Open University course material and books from this link and again these can be supplementary material for your static syllabus.
- YOJANA: This is the link to download the Yojana and Kurukshetra Magazines. These magazines are very helpful to keep yourself updated with additions and modifications in government schemes and programs.
- UPSC Official: This is the official Website of UPSC and you need to check this for notifications regarding the exam dates, pattern, syllabus, eligibility and all other details regarding the exam.
- Press Information Bureau: The website of Press Information Bureau Website is invaluable to track government updates.
- PRS India: This is the website you need to track to understand the bills presented in the parliament from the source. Once you have the basic information you can read the analysis and pros and cons in editorials of good newspapers.
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses: IDSA website is the website to track for updates on Defense and Foreign relations.
- Gateway House: Indian Council for Global relations gives information on India’s global relations on this website.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change: This is the website of the Ministry of Environment and Forests and it is essential for getting information on the environmental and forestry related policies and their effects.
- Ministry of External Affairs: The website of the Ministry of External Affairs will be useful in keeping in touch with the policies on external affairs.
- Union Budget: This is the website to view the Budget and Economic Survey directly rather than from secondary sources. As always, you should read the analysis from secondary sources.
- Press Trust of India: This is where you should check to see the veracity of any news. The website of Press Trust of India is a must to keep track of important current affairs.
- PG Group: You can read the Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine on this website.
- Make in India: This website gives all information related to manufacturing related under the Make in India initiative.