UPSC online registration procedure (2019)
The procedure of registration and online application for appearing in the UPSC examination has been changed since 2015. The committee of the UPSC determined to avail only online application form for registration. Every candidate is allowed to fill up a single application only.
UPSC Exam Registration Procedure:
At first, the candidate needs to open Official UPSC website:
It is important to follow the instructions given over there. Clicking on the webpage will open every detail immediately. Click on the ‘apply online’ button to examinations conducted by the UPSC. Then click on ‘online application’ for various examinations. Then Part I Registration and Part-II Registration buttons will come on display after clicking on Examination Menu. It is suggested to click on Part I examination first for completion of the first step of the procedure.
The UPSC online registration:
Provide valid and official name, address, community details in the boxes. Parents’ names are also required. Then click on ‘continue’ to move forward to the next page.
- Preferences for Naval Academy (NA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy (AFA), Officers Training Academy (OTA) are to be given. At least one preference is mandatory to provide. Since women aspirants are eligible for OTA only, they should mention it that is ‘OTA ‘ as the only preference.
- Candidates who prefer to join the Air Force Academy must indicate AFA as the foremost choice. If a one does not want to indicate AFA as the first preference, one must put ‘o’ against it.
- Here one will have to mention if one already holds an NCC ‘Certificate (Sr. Division) and also mention if one is already in armed forces.
- Here, on this page mention if one has ever belonged to a Sainik School. The response is to be mentioned with a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’.
Now, click on the ‘Continue button’ to move towards the third page.
Here one can double-check the details one has provided. It is important to preview as it will not be allowed to do it further.
After verification of every detail click on the ‘continue’ button to move forward to the fourth page.
This page will provide a system-generated UPSC Registration ID along with with all the essential information about the concerned candidate including name, parents’ name, date of birth and address. This application and Registration ID will be needed in Part II also
Part I online registration completes in such a procedure. Now continue to Part II of application.
The UPSC Online Registration Part II
Following five steps will come for filling up Part II:
- Fee Payment
- Selection Examination centre
- Uploading Photograph of the candidate
- Uploading Signature of the candidate
- A Declaration part will appear after this considering to be read and followed by the candidate. After this click on ‘I have read Declaration & Agree’ for moving towards submission of the application.
Fee Payment for the UPSC online application
- One can pay cash at any branch of SBI (State Bank of India) after depositing a slip generated by the system.
- One can pay online with net banking facility of the SBI.
- Payment can also be done by any VISA/ Master Debit or even a Credit card.
The UPSC will accept only a completed application. It is mandatory to fillup both Part I and Part II with all criteria and details asked for.
Important things to be noted
- The number of attempts of appearing in Prelims exams will be counted. But the number of applications and registration of a candidate will not be counted until one appears in the Prelims.
- The commission of UPSC does not entertain any withdrawal or cancellation once the form has been submitted by the candidate. So, it is important to follow the instructions and fulfill the details asked by the commission. There is no chance given for correction after submission.
- It is essential to provide only authentic details. If it is proved that details given in registration were false, the candidate will not be recruited even after passing the Interview in terms of Rule 14 by the Commission.
- If one follows all rules and regulations while doing the registration, it will be successfully executed.