I am sure you all must have heard enough noise about demonetization and many of you must have spent considerable amount of time standing in some or the other queue. This issue, being a radical step, is of obvious importance in Civil Services Mains. Here we are presenting top 10 probable questions, that might be asked on demonetization in the Mains Examination. Instead of wasting your time in admiring or cursing politicians, try these questions out!
1. Black money is not just an economic, but a social menace as well. Critically examine.
2. Liquidity is the life blood of economy, real and parallel both. Elucidate.
3. Examine the effects of demonetization on the farm sector in India.
4. Demonetization is a powerful but temperory drug to tackle black money. Comment.
5. Currency is the economic bond between state and citizen. It’s crisis may endanger the legitimacy of the state itself. Do you agree? Elaborate in the light of recent demonetization event.
6. What re the hostorical precedents for demonetization in India? How was the 2016 demonetization different from the previous ones?
7. Demonetization reflected the lack of teeth of the constitutional provision of parliamentary control over the purse of India. Critically examine.
8. Black money has its advantages in a country like India. Elucidate with examples.
9. What steps might be required as follow up to demonetization, to check the reimergence of black money in India?
10. The media coverage of demonetization reflects the lack of maturity of Indian media space. Examine.
Please try answering these questions. We will be providing outlines to the answers for all questions shortly. If you want to be notified about that post, register on UPSC Pathshala.