UPSC Question Paper in Hindi: Previous Years’ Question Paper and Answer Writing Strategy
It is said ‘Know thy enemy well and half the battle is won there’. Similarly, for cracking the UPSC Civil Services Examination, you need to know the pattern of questions asked in the examination. Thus, you need to solve previous years’ question papers. The Civil services examination is considered to be one of the toughest examinations in the country to crack. So, to succeed in such an exam, both are needed – a sound strategy and its implementation. Thus all those who want to make their dreams come true must practice previous years’ questions. This gives a better idea of the pattern of the exam. Remember your aim to crack the exam and not just gaining knowledge.
UPSC Previous Year Mains Question Paper in Hindi
For 2020 aspirants, you can start looking at previous question papers from 2013 onwards. Prior to that is a waste as the exam process went through a big change in the year 2013. Candidates can also choose to give their exams in English or in vernacular. Most candidates choose to give their exams in Hindi apart from the majority which gives their exams in English. Every question paper has the question featured in both the English script and the Hindi script.
UPSC Mains Question Paper 2019
UPSC Mains Question Paper 2018
UPSC Mains Question Paper 2017
UPSC Previous Year Prelims Question Paper in Hindi
The IAS Prelims Paper of UPSC is for screening purposes only. The marks obtained in the UPSC Prelims IAS Paper will be a qualification to take the UPSC Main examination. They will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
There are 2 IAS Prelims Papers with objective type questions. CSAT is the Paper-II of the Preliminary Exam the candidate will have to score a minimum of 33% of marks for qualifying in Mains (written). Paper-I of IAS Prelims includes mainly the current affairs, while Paper-II or CSAT is the aptitude test.
UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2020
UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2019
UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2018
UPSC Prelims Question Paper 2017
Answer Writing For Hindi Medium Students
- Before the exam, have writing practice in the Devanagari script even if you are from a Hindi medium background/Hindi medium aspirant.
- Have a good vocabulary of Hindi words. Note down words and their usage during preparation.
- For the essay questions, read about 20 essays from a good essay book. Before the exam, practice around 5 essays. That should be sufficient for you to get through.
- The section on proverbs and grammar in the compulsory paper is generally easy and you can easily score maximum marks here since they are objective questions.
- Attempt the précis writing question in the compulsory language paper at the very end as it takes a lot of time.
- candidates can read the Hindi literature NCERT books for class 9 and 10 to increase Hindi reading speed and familiarity with words.
- Candidates should also read the headlines and editorial section of a Hindi newspaper. Candidates will then become familiar with common technical terms in Hindi.
An underrated tool for success in the UPSC civil services is language. While the importance of hard work, systematic strategies for different subjects, newspaper reading, and answer writing practice is well-expounded in IAS preparation circles, the role played by language is often forgotten in the melee.
Make sure to not be one of those who overlook such a big point and work on your linguistic skills. Form a good art of writing that is unique to you and attracts the examiner’s eye. Also, work on your handwriting at the same time.