Piyush Salunkhe Secured AIR 63 in UPSC Civil Services Exam, 2017. In this article, we will discuss Piyush Salunkhe Biography and the strategy that he adopted to crack the UPSC IAS exam. We will also discuss some of the Piyush Salunke wiki facts. Read the article to know all about him.
Piyush Salunkhe Biography
Piyush Salunkhne is from Pune, Maharashtra. He did his schooling at St. Vincent High School, Pune. Piyush did his undergraduate in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society’s Institute of Information Technology (AISSMS IOIT), Pune. After his graduation, Piyush went to pursue Law. He did his three-year L.L.B. from D.E.S’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College which is also in Pune.
Along with law, he has also done a post-graduate diploma in cyber law from NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
UPSC 2017 was Piyush’s second attempt for the exam in which he was able to secure AIR 63. For his preparation, he opted for a three year integrated course at Unique Academy in Pune in 2013.
It was during his seven days trip to a village organized by National Scheme Services (NSS) when he saw problems faced by the villages he decided to choose Civil Services as a career.
Piyush Salunkhe IAS Preparation Strategy
Piyush cracked UPSC in 2017. But he started his preparation in 2013. It took him three years to reach this level. In one of his speeches, Piyush said, if you want to be a master at something then you will have to study that thing with dedication and all the energy in the world.
Some of his tips to prepare for UPSC:
- Piyush’s one of the tips is to find like-minded people whom you can study and discuss your preparation. He quotes that one of the mistakes he made was not to have a study group.
- Set your priorities right. Take breaks at regular intervals and don’t study when you don’t feel like it. But don’t doesn’t mean you waste your time doing anything. There should be a balance maintained between both of them. You will set your priorities right and make sacrifices but doing anything over is also not good.
- For Prelims, he suggests solving MCQs from tests. Once done again solve the same questions. Take at least two tests series from other than your coaching institutes.
- For mains, practising essay on every Sunday was routine for Piyush. For essay writing, he made his mind of choosing an essay that will not be written by many candidates. The advantage of doing that was cutting down the competition. Candidates tend to choose topics that would be easy to answer.
- Choose optional with which you are compatible with. Yes, your interest matters but your optional subject are supposed to make your life easy, and not the opposite. So choose optional in which you can score well with minimum efforts.
- Go through the answers sheet of previous years toppers for Mains. Analyze how they wrote their answers and try to frame your answers accordingly. Don’t try to copy them, just get an idea.
Here are some interview pointers from Piyush:
- Confidence is the key
He advises aspirants to be confident while answering questions. You have to believe in yourself and your preparation. Your confidence should be visible to the panellist through your body language.
- Be Clear
One should not give open-ended answers in the interview. Don’t give panellists any chances to further question you. Before answering the question you should take a few moments to frame the answer in your head and then speak it.
- Don’t try to answers everything
If you don’t know the answer to any question then say it to them but in a humble way not in an apologetic way. One person cannot know everything. Interviewees know that too. They just want to test your personality.
Piyush Salunkhe Wiki Facts
- Age: 25
- School: St. Vincent High School, Pune
- Graduation: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Institute: All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society’s Institute of Information Technology (AISSMS IOIT), Pune
- Post Graduation: L.L.B.(Three years)
- Institute: D.E.S’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, Pune
- UPSC Attempts: 2
- UPSC CSE 2017 AIR: 2017
- Coaching Institute: Unique Academy, Pune
- Optional: Sociology
Piyush Salunke Booklist
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- A Brief History of Modern India by Spectrum
- Environment and Ecology by Shankar IAS
- Understanding Indian Economy by Dhirendra Kumar
Piyush Salunkhe Marksheert
UPSC is a very competitive exam. You will have to do smart work and hard work, they both go hand-in-hand. Piyush Salunke IAS preparation was more based on smart work. He first did a foundation course of two years and then he moved to get fully involved in the preparation.
It took Piyush two attempts to crack the exam. According to him, it will take you three years of hard work to be fully prepared and to do something big in life.
Do you agree on this with Piyush? Let us know in the comment section below.
All the best for your preparation.