The Indian Administration Service (IAS) is a division of the Indian Civil Service. It is one of the chief services of the Government of India. After the required entrance exams have been qualified, one becomes an IAS officer and will be recruited by the government. IAS is one of the most prestigious and influential career options for many aspiring people who choose a career in the government sector.
The role of the IAS officer includes policy-making and consulting ministers on different matters, maintaining law and order, overseeing the enforcement of the policies of the Government of the State and the Central Government, collecting taxes and serving as revenue courts, overseeing the spending of public funds in compliance with the rules of financial property and managing the day-to-day activities of the government.
Let us read about Rajkamal Yadav IAS officer in this article.
Rajkamal Yadav Wiki/ Biography
Rajkamal Yadav is a 2013 batch IAS officer. Earlier, this special secretary was posted in the secretariat administration department. Rajkamal Yadav attributes his success to his parents and says that he has always been inspired by his father, due to which he is now IAS. Rajkamal Yadav hails from Firozabad in UP. He was born in Shikohabad, Firozabad district.
Education up to 6th class was done in the village itself, after which he took admission to Army School of Lucknow for further studies. His father Kamal Kishore Yadav worked in Grameen Bank. Rajkamal is a very good player in cricket.
Apart from this, he is also very fond of bodybuilding. He sweats in the gym every morning for hours. Rajkamal started preparing for IAS only during graduation. After coming to college, he used to study for hours as well as other subjects related to GS and Civil Service.
Also Read: IAS Shweta Agarwal Biography: Her Success Journey Through UPSC
Rajkamal Yadav IAS Wiki Facts
- Primary education in my Hometown Shikohabad, near Allahabad, UP.
- 10th from Uttar Pradesh Sainik School, Lucknow in 2001.
- 12th from the same school in 2003.
- Graduation from Madras veterinary college.
- Passed the final graduation exam in 2011.
- Father’s name is Kamal Kishore Yadav. He is a manager in Grameen bank associated with the Bank of India.
- Mother’s name is Sarla Yadav. She is a social activist.
- Younger brother passed-out from IIM Indore and is currently working in Mumbai.
- Rajkamal Yadav IAS wanted to do something fruitful and effective for the betterment of society and the nation so he started preparing for the CSE.
- Who is your role model? Please tell me about your hobbies and interests.
- Role model – Father and Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
- Hobbies include coin collection, reading books and playing football.
- The number of attempts – first attempt.
- The time required for Civil services exam preparation – Around 12 to 15 months.
- Exam language- English.
Family Background: Rajkamal Yadav Wiki
His father works as a bank manager in Grameen Bank whereas his mother is a social activist. He has a younger brother who is studying at IIM Indore and is currently working in Mumbai.
Not only this, but his wife Jyotsna is also a PCS officer.
Rajkamal Yadav Rank and Batch
Rajkamal Yadav cracked the 2012 UPSC exams with an AIR Rank of 21. He was posted as a special secretary in the secretariat administration department. He is a 2013 batch IAS officer.
Also read: Interview with Sujith Shankar: UPSC Preparation Journey of the 122nd All India Rank Holder
Rajkamal Yadav Strategy
It is important to understand the nitty-gritty of the test well enough before studying for any exam. Review the UPSC exam warning carefully to learn about the test syllabus, the exam pattern, the timetable of the exam, and the eligibility requirements.
When you’ve been through it, pick up the previous year’s papers and read through them and get a feel of what’s really being called for in the test. Once you’ve read all the NCERTs, it’s time to extend your experience by reading the regular books.
You should implement a mock exam learning method 2 months before the prelims exam.
To become an IAS officer isn’t an easy goal to achieve. Like the saying “Rome wasn’t built in a day” the IAS process is a tough one. One must be dedicated, focused and persistent towards his goal to achieve success. In this article, you have read about an inspirational IAS officer namely Rajkamal Yadav. Hopefully, his life story will act as a booster to quench your needed motivation. Follow all the strategies followed by him and do your UPSC preparations wisely and for even better preparation, enrol here. Good luck!
Also read: IAS Atul Prakash Biography: The Success Story of an Aspirant Who Never Gave Up
Such an inspiring journey. Really made me want to achieve my dreams