Ansar Shaikh Wiki: Inspiring Biography of Youngest IAS Officer of India
The UPSC exam is considered to be the toughest exam in India that involves three rounds of tests, the prelims round, the mains exam, and the final and last round, the personal interview round. Cracking through all these three stages at one go is not a cake. UPSC IAS has a very low percentage of pass rate making it one of the deadliest exams.
To crack the UPSC IAS exam, one needs to master the combination of guidance, tenacity, and definitely a large amount of hard work. Every year, lakhs of people appear for the exam. Many of them have all the comforts and also come from top coaching but in the end, fail to succeed. Whereas there are many examples of candidates who have achieved success overcoming all odds that blocked their path. UPSC IAS is one of those types of exams, where determination and hard work pays off other than anything else.
Here is this article you will get to know all about the Ansar Shaikh biography that will give you the required dose of motivation before UPSC prelims 2020. So, let’s begin with the Ansar Shaikh wiki.
Who is the Youngest IAS Officer of India?
Ansar Shaikh IAS is the youngest IAS officer of India who cleared this toughest exam at one go in 2016 when he was just 21 years old. Let’s have a quick look at the Ansar Shaikh wiki.
- This youngest IAS officer of India is the son of Yonus Shaikh Ahmad. InJalna’s Shelgaon village in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra, Mr. Yonus Shaikh Ahmad works as an autorickshaw driver.
- The proud mother of this super talented IAS officer is a field worker.
- Anees, the younger brother of Ansar Shaikh was a school drop out in standard VII. He used to support the family and help his brother prepare for the UPSC exam by working in the garage.
Fast Facts from Ansar Shaikh Wiki
- Examination year- He cracked the UPSC 2016 exam in his first attempt.
- Age- At the time of clearing the test, he was 21 years old thus becoming the youngest IAS officer of India.
- Locality- Shelgaon village in Maharashtra’s Jalna district.
- Ansar Shaikh rank- AIR 361
- Ansar Shaikh posting- At the Department of MSME and Textiles, Government of West Bengal. Ansar Shaikh IAS is serving as Officer on Special Duty (OSD).
- Ansar Shaikh salary- Now the basic pay of entry-level IAS officers is ₹ 56,100. To know more about IAS salary you can have a look at this.
Ansar Shaikh IAS Preparation Journey
Ansar Shaikh belongs from a family where they were fighting each day for earning enough to feed themselves. Coming from that background where education was definitely not on the priority list, the success that the 21-year-old boy got is really commendable.
“Education has never been a watchword in my family. My father, a rickshaw driver, has three wives. My mother is the second wife. My younger brother dropped out of school and my two sisters were married off at an early age. When I told them that I had cleared the UPSC and in all likelihood will be an IAS officer, they were stunned and shocked.” – These statements came out from the youngest IAS officer of India when he was describing his domestic situation.
Ansar Shaikh has always been a bright student throughout his school and college days. His class ten board exam mark sheet is glorified with 91% marks and in his graduation, he secured 73% marks. He did his graduation from Fergusson College, Pune.
UPSC Preparation Strategy directly from the Youngest IAS Officer of India
- Ansar Shaikh, the IAS officer concentrated on his optional subject preparation in the first six months. He chose his graduation subject, political science as his optional.
- The general studies papers were his focus for the next six months. He constantly kept himself updated with the latest current affairs.
- Ansar Shaikh IAS then completed revising and also focused on the remaining sections of the mains paper, in the next three months.
- The youngest IAS officer of India gave nine months for his UPSC prelims preparation and dedicated the next 100 days for his UPSC mains preparation.
- In the last 40 days, he kept himself busy in the preparation for the last and final round, the personality test round.
Ansar Shaikh, the youngest IAS officer of India broke all the previous records by clearing the toughest exam in the very first attempt and that too at such an early age. His dedication and hard work made him stand out from the crowd.
Ansar Shaikh is quite active on Instagram and is often seen sharing inspirational and informative posts that boost the motivation level of the young aspirants.
This inspiring journey of Ansar Shaikh will definitely work as motivation before UPSC prelims 2020 for all the aspirants. This inspiring journey reflects how dreams can come true if you put a little effort and make yourself ready to work a little more harder.