UPSC conducts Indian Forest Service Exam to recruit for forestry services of India. UPSC has announced IFS Exam Notification for year 2019. Candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admissions to the examination.
IFS Exam Notification | Details, Exam Date & Eligibility
UPSC IFS 2019 exam Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 19th February, 2019
- Last Date to Apply: 18th March, 2019
- Last Date To Pay Application Fee: 18th March, 2019
- Date of Exam (Prelims): 02nd June, 2019
- IFS Main Exam: 1st December, 2019
UPSC IFS EXAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
1. Nationality: The candidate
must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit for UPSC IFS EXAM 2019: In between 21 years and 32 years (Relaxation in age by 5 years will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ST category and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
The upper age limit relaxations given below.
(a) The Age relaxable for SC, ST’S candidates – 5 years
(b) Age relaxable for OBC candidates – 3 years
(c) Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
(d) 5 years Age relax able for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of an assignment of 5 years military service .(As the date given in advt)
(e) 5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service. (As the date given based in advt).
(f) Ten years Age relaxation for blind, deaf, deaf, mute and orthopedically handicapped candidates.
(g) 5 years age relaxable if a candidate had ordinary been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January (As the date given based on Advt).
- Educational Qualification for UPSC IFS EXAM 2019:The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Number of Attempts for UPSC IFS EXAM 2019:Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in case of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe’s candidates who are otherwise eligible. Number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be nine.
- Physical Standards: The candidate must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination.
Visit the UPSC Official Website for more details.